Top 10 Food Items a Lifestyle Entrepreneur Can Consume
Entrepreneurs are very busy people. However, if you’re a businessperson, it doesn’t mean that you can ignore your health. Always keep in mind that health is wealth. If you are a physically fit and healthy person, you can do whatever you want.
It is important that you determine the top 10 food items a lifestyle entrepreneur, like you, can consume in 2013.
Just imagine skipping breakfast followed by fast-food and high fat lunch early in the afternoon. Later in the evening, you will consume a large meal before going to bed.
It is seldom for a busy person like you to have nutritious snacks or fruits. If you have unhealthy eating habits, you will also be at risk of high insulin levels, elevated cholesterol, and high blood pressure. Hence, now is the perfect time to introduce changes in your diets.
The Top 10 Foods to Eat
The following are some of the best food items you can include in your diet:
1. Pork – It would be best to stick with lean meat. Pork is a great source of niacin, zinc, choline, biotin, and B-vitamins. For every 3-oz serving, you will get 196 calories.
2. Spinach – This veggy is a great source of manganese, magnesium, iron, calcium, folate, and vitamins D & K. Two cups of this vegetable will give you around 14 calories.
3. Oysters – Three ounces of oysters can provide you with 85 calories and you can also benefit from nutrients like zinc, selenium, iron, copper, and vitamin B12.
4. Soy beans – Half a cup of soy beans can give you 150 calories; this is rich in many nutrients soluble fiber, protein, polyunsaturated fats, omega-3 fatty acids, phosphorous, magnesium, iron, vitamin B1 and B2.
5. Lobster – You get 65 calories for three ounces of lobster. It contains nutrients like zinc, selenium, copper, and panthotenic acid.
6. Mushrooms – Fifteen calories for every cup of mushrooms you eat; mushrooms are also rich in nutrients such as panthotenic acid, chromium, copper, biotin, and vitamin B2.
7. Salmon – Fish lovers will enjoy salmon because it contains many nutrients like choline, omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, niacin, biotin, and vitamins D, B12, and B6.
8. Beef liver – Three ounces of this delicious beef liver can provide you with 137 calories. You will also benefit from the nutrients it contains like phosphorous, copper, chromium, biotin, iron, and vitamins A, b12, B6, and B3.
9. Yogurt – Stick with the non-fat or low fat yogurt so the body can benefit from nutrients such as iodine, potassium, phosphorous, calcium, panthotenic acid, and riboflavin.
10. Beans – A cup of beans can give you 200 calories and nutrients like potassium, iron, soluble fiber, molybdenum, magnesium, thiamine, and folate.
Be sure to include these food items in your diet every week and you can have a healthier body.
Great Eating Tips
It is not enough that you include these food items in your regular diet. The most important thing is that you’re able to develop good eating habits. Having diet food plans is another advantage.
Today, you can start by eating a hearty breakfast. This can optimize metabolism and boost your energy levels. You can perform better and attend to all business matters quickly and efficiently.
For starters, you can try eating wholegrain bread with lean ham, egg, and tomato. This is a great breakfast treat because it is well-balanced. Another option would be to eat any fruit together with skim-milk latte. A protein-rich breakfast is ideal.
If you’re too busy and in a hurry, you can meal-replacement drinks and protein shakes as well.
Many entrepreneurs think that burgers, fried noodles, and pies are not harmful to the body.
The effects are not immediate but your body is getting a lot of saturated fats which is not good. These unwanted fats can clog arteries and can lead to possible health problems in the future. Try to limit your consumption of fried foods and instead try grills, wraps, salads, and sushi.
Though you’re a busy person, you can try packing healthy snacks and don’t forget to choose among the healthy food items mentioned above.
You must avoid cakes, muffins, potato chips, and nuts because these foods are poor in nutrition. You will only feel full but the truth is you don’t get a lot of nutrients. It would be like throwing away your hard earned money for useless food items.
Many lifestyle entrepreneurs consume alcoholic drinks throughout the week. This is a great way to gain weight along with eating heavy meals. Cut back on alcoholic beverages and if you can’t get it out of your system, you can try drinking at least 2-3 times every week.
It would also be a good idea to keep dinner light, but healthy especially if you plan to drink with colleagues and partners.
There are common food choices found in fast foods and groceries but as a wise consumer, you should make a better choice.
For instance, instead of eating egg roll and bacon, you should stick with the wholegrain sandwich mentioned earlier. Some of the better choices of food items are tasty and delicious. You can eat steak sandwich, salmon, fruit yogurt, lamb salad, protein bar, and chicken.
You don’t have to be a nutritionist to consume the right kinds of foods at the right amount. The key is moderation especially if you’re used to fast foods and other easy to prepare meals.
The top ten food items for 2013 enumerated above are widely available. To make sure that you’re eating right, you can make a list of the food items that you need to buy for the week and look for Medifast Coupons. Be sure to include the top food items to give your body the needed nutrients.
It is hard to introduce changes in your busy lifestyle especially if it concerns food. However, with determination and knowledge, you can start eating healthy and achieve optimum health.
Julian Hooks is a former collegiate athlete as well as a health & fitness enthusiast who writes on topics such as Medifast diet reviews, exercise, general health, and nutrition for www.dietbrandreviews.com.
Image by imagerymajestic / freedigitalphotos.net