Updated: October 13, 2013
This blog is now CommentLuv Premium Plugin enabled!
In other words, more power-luv to everybody 🙂
I couldn’t apply to be a beta tester, but however, I got it later – only a few had that possibility, before launching to the public.
If you don’t know about this new CommentLuv Premium, 8-1 multi-plugin, here there is my CLP Review:
- CommentLuv with Social Enticements to Google+, Twitter, Facebook
- GASP (GrowMap Anti-Spambot Plugin) – see why I’m already using GASP
- Trackback Validation – see why I’m already using TV
- Keyword Name (An updated better version of the old KeywordLuv plugin)
- TwitterLink – Add your Twitter Profile to your comments
- No Self Ping– avoid pinging to you from your own posts
- DoFollow / Nofollow – control the juice-link of the plugin as per your taste
- Top Commentator widget, called “Top Commentluvvers”
What a better way to explaining the CommentLuv Premium plugin with some videos about it, more my own personal settings and screenshots.
I’ve selected some videos done by Andy Bailey (the great coder of the CommentLuv Premium plugin!) that show the ingredients of how to cook the different settings of the plugin for maximal performance. Let’s get rolling:
CommentLuv Premium Extra Benefits over the ComLuv Free Version and Videos
Video CommentLuv Premium Main Settings Page
Video CL Primary Settings and Appearance
1) CommentLuv Premium, More Keywords Control
Now, you can manage when and how you give @ Keywords
One thing of being a do-follow + keywordluv enabled blog is the human spam coming.
With the outdated keywordluv plugin, you give the name @ keywords, but you’ve the security risk of a very old plugin, plus no control the “how” to give them.
I’ve set it to be 3+3. Nowadays, after having 3 comments approved, the KeywordName plugin allows 3 keywords as a reward. Sorry spammers, till you don’t have 3 comments approved on this blog, you don’t have the possibility to add your keywords. See more details on my social blogging comment policy.
Video CommentLuv Premium KeywordName
2) Complete Control of Dofollow on the CommentLuv Premium
The dofollow attribute now is improved and you’ve total control on how to share the dofollow-luv.
If you’re logged in on your blog, don’t forget to enable the dofollow for your own posts, to give rankings to them! (unless you allow other users to register; this is an option to consider)
3) CommentLuv Premium Trackback Validation Stats
This is a techie-theme, but in other words here you’ve now full control to see if the trackback IP address is legitimate or you’ve the real permalink pointing to your blog.
I’ve set it, again like the free version, to discard illegitimate trackbacks instead of send it to spam. Wonderful, less spam 🙂
Video ComLuv Premium GASP Plugin Trackback Validation
4) Social Enticements on CommentLuv Premium
For commentators that not have 3 comments approved, sharing in their social preferred sites is a way to show 10 posts on the Commentluv field.
A win-win situation for not-frequent readers plus for you, as blogger, to get more social expose of your posts.
As you see in the screenshot, you can the options to:
* Google Plus+1 – give an “up” (called +1 in Google Plus) show 10 posts – hey, meantime take a look of Bloggers on Google Plus to Follow.
* Tweet – with a retweet the system allows to show 10 posts – bonus, the plugin suggests also to follow you on Twitter 🙂
* Facebook liking this post allow to show 10 posts
All those cases are for people without 3 comments approved. If you’ve 3 comments already approved, I’ve set to show directly 10 of your last posts.
Video Social Enticements CommentLuv Premium Settings
5) GASP Trackback Log Stats
You’ve on your dashboard, where the trackbacks are coming from and the latest 50.
You manage them according to your needs, sending to spam, discard or moderate, by your default.
CommentLuv Click Stats
Perfect to see the traffic coming from your CL links posted on other blogs.
Although you can deep on Google Analytics, this very handy directly on dashboard.
Trackback Logs Video
6) CommentLuv Premium Profile Bio
Independently of your blogging goals on the long term, when you comment on other people blogs, you can eventually have backlinks to your home-blog.
The law of reciprocity can be present here or not, it depends of you.
Clicking the bio on CommentLuv shows now, clickable links and you’ve till extra 5 favorites links (10 latest posts + 5 more) Sweet!
Video How to Show Favorite Posts and Add More Power to your CommentLuv Bio
7) CommentLuv Premium Plugin Give you More speed and Less Plugins
Last but not least, I’ve deleted the “old” several-individual plugins because all of them are incorporated on Premium CommentLuv.
After the panda update of Google, blogs/sites that load faster are ranking better.
Before the premium, I’ve had individual plugins for:
CommentLuv, GASP, Trackback Validation, TwitterLink and KeywordLuv.
Now, all of them are integrated into the plugin CommentLuv Premium, more the new ones.
Less plugins it means your blog is faster and less updates to be done, perfect!
Is the premium version polished? Of course not, because it’s still on beta – but it’s going out of beta soon.
My own experience is good with the installation, although I needed a re-activation after a red-notice that a Twitterlink table and a WP-data were missing. But after the re-activation everything was fine. Also there is a forum and support if in any doubt arises or suggestion you need to do.
Even if you don’t have it installed, I bet you’d like to increase comments, traffic, less spam and more social love. Therefore, the CommentLuv Premium is a good option for that.
The plugin CommentLuv Premium is for WordPress hosted blogs, not for WordPress.com users.
Bloggers on Blogger can enjoy the free version of the CommentLuv using IntenseDebate as way to get comments. Anyway, I don’t recommend Intense Debate because I had problems with it, and it was the last trouble that fired my transition to WordPress. (See my tricky migrations from IntenseDebate comments to WordPress and the transition from Blogger to WordPress)
UPDATE – 12 March 2012
After the big launch on Oct 2011, the plugin CommentLuv Premium is now public and enhanced with new versions.
In case you opt for the CommentLuv Premium plugin, you’ll enter automatically as an affiliate, getting a commission as a referral for people that purchase the plugin via your link. Nice bonus 😉
CommentLuv premium plugin comes now with 4 extra bonuses.
Aside of the full review I’ve done in this article of the 8-1 useful plugin, you obtain also now:
- Bonus 1: Pro report about 15 ways to generate traffic.
- Bonus 2: WP Dealpon plugin you can run your own groupon type offers
- Bonus 3: Dashboard Luvvers Widget (premium) showing hidden unanswered comments, and if the person has commented before, etc. (I’m using it and it’s a great addition)
- Bonus 4: WP Mail Ads PLR plugin (previously sold for $27) and now it’s included for free. You can add your own message on the end of every email that your WordPress blog sends out.
UPDATE – 21 June 2012
There are new features in the CommentLuv premium:
- Enhanced even more the spam control
- Banned search terms– people coming from search engines with certain keywords, can trigger a warning message and comments are disallowed immediately after their arrival.E.g. of keywords/phrases could be “dofollow”, “leave a comment”, “CommentLuv enabled”. Typical human spammers wanting to put spammy comments just for links, are not welcomed 😉
- Minimum amount of keyups on comments– catch people that prepared a comment to copy and paste everywhere. You can control how many keyups are necessary to validate the comment.E.g. if you set a minimum amount of 25 keypresses and the user only copy and paste (Ctrl + V), these are only 2 keyups, hence this comment doesn’t pass the filter.Fact: bots and automatic comments do not make keypresses, therefore “hasta la vista baby”, bye bye human spammer!
- Action to take if comment has no author URL– really this one is brilliant too. I’m tired that people post a comment with a URL, get the CommentLuv link, but before sending the comment, they delete the URL that put before.Why? In that way he/she gets a CommentLuv backlink, but the problematic URL does not trigger the Akismet plugin. That person gets 1 Cluv backlink and the comment pass without any problem with the spammy URL inside the CommentLuv link. Now, I set the plugin to delete those comments, right away!
- Possibility of removing Twitterlinks – this is also brand new and very useful. People that left their Twitter usernames are shown on the admin comments list. If the Twitter ID was erroneous or this account was banned, why do I need to have it on my blog? I delete those Twitterlinks that are giving broken links.
Take a look all these functions live; watch the following video that shows everything:
If you’re a WordPress user, have you enabled the CommentLuv plugin?
What type of characteristics do you love of it or perhaps not?
Are you considering picking the CommentLuv Premium plugin?
You can try it in my comment area, right now 🙂
Updated: October 13, 2013 – CommentLuv will be changing its subscription mode to annual payment or similar soon, is not defined yet. Also it has improved the GASP plugin to the new spam generated.
Technorati Tag: CommentLuv