As you know on Twitter shows up every Friday, a classic of recommendations of other Twitters with hashtags like #FollowFriday, #social media, #blogging, #foodies and tons more. In that form, you can find influencers or noteworthy people to follow and also to add to your Twitter lists.
Why not to combine the concept on the brand new Google Plus network? And even more, I’m not restricted to 140 characters like on Twitter, therefore I can explain deeper why I recommend to those bloggers.
Since Google, started to “ignore” real-time Twitter results for the sake of indexing, therefore the next move will be that you must be on Google+ and your blog too, because the “+1″ votes on pages and your G+ stream, will be vital for SEO purposes. Surely when they open the business pages, the hype will be even crazier!
But wait! By the moment, Google Plus is opened by – invitation only – hence I know most of the people are out of it. If you didn’t try it G+ yet, ask me for an invitation with your gmail address on comments and with much pleasure I’ll send you one.
Of course, feel free to add me to your circles on Google Plus and come back to tell how is your experience there.
Google+ opens the doors randomly, if the first time you find it closed, try again. I insisted myself for few days and I entered, without invitation
As most of the world is out of Google+ (although there is an estimated of 20 millions and increasing) not everybody already know about GooglePlus. If I add that there are a slew of articles Google Plus-related, consequently I won’t write extensively of its characteristics, just I’ll write a brief summary, more links to excellent articles.
What is Google Plus?
In a nutshell, Google Plus is a social network that combines all the best of Twitter, Facebook, Gbuzz (I don’t have clear this point tough LOL), and other social sites like, FriendFeed, in a clean design and interface, but with new concepts and formulas. (As always, it doesn’t matter the social channel, avoid these social media mistakes)
Circles – you can manage your friends / followers like Twitter or Facebook; super cool the way “drag and drop” to do it.
Sparks – you can read, watch or share tailoring to your needs.
Hangouts – great to share multi-video online with your friends or followers. Think, the huge benefits for business meeting with this service?
Stream – like Facebook the news are updating in real time according to your followers and friends.
Sharing – you’ve complete control on where you share a person, specific circles and / or completely public. For sending a private message, just share only the same only with her/him name and done. How neat! Adding the first letters after a “+” or @ (like Twitter) will open the names-matched allowing you to share with them.
Photos – upload them and you’ll have a slideshow to navigate.
Privacy – extremely important, you’ve full control on your profile and privacy – also specifically for Google+.
I suggest disabling all email – notifications to avoid noise. You’ll have on the top right of your screen the incoming notifications in red color. It’s enough with this option for managing the flow of G+ notifications. More followers, with more conversations, inevitably, will lead to saturate your email.
Mobile – certainly there are and will be all type of applications to enjoy them on the go. First, they are featuring Android apps (their own mobile operating system), just to start…very recently the iPhone App is now, available.
Business Pages – They are already being tested in few cases and they will be rolling out by the G+ team soon.
More Google Plus Resources:
- Google+: The Complete Guide by Ben Parr / Mashable
- The Best Google Plus Tutorials by Hesham / FamousBloggers
- How to Get Started With Google+, Your Complete Guide by Kristi / SocialMediaExaminer
- How to use Google + – a quick guide and thoughts on Google Plus by Lisa Myers / StateofSearch
- Getting Off The Fence On The Subject Of Google + by Niall Harbison / SimplyZesty
- Top 100 People on Google+ and 7 Reasons Why Google+ Drives Hyperactive Engagement by Jeff Bullas.
- Top Chrome Extensions For Google Plus by Jenni R / IntenseBlog
Why I’m loving Google+? Because of its simplicity, the way you can share posts/messages and for its privacy. The Facebook’s privacy was and it’s a nightmare to control.
Also, did I say that isn’t much noise with games, pokes, and so on? Well, at least till so far…
Definitively, on the future will appear ads, and other not so cool stuff – so we need to expect the evolution of the same.
Now, let’s move on. This first time, I’ll expose these superb bloggers in different fields here on my blog and also directly on my Google+ account. Later, I’ll do it when it’s possible directly only in my GooglePlus.
As you bet, having millions of users, I cannot mention so many, therefore I’ll put the ones that are in my social circles (not in G+, no pun intended) that I read, share and comment relatively frequent (but not always, I’ve the chance for the lack of time)
The bloggers I’ll mention are related to: #socialmedia, #blogging, #business, #webmarketing #technology and #foodies.
In no particular order and certainly, suggest in comments notable bloggers that I can add on future editions on my G+.
- Kristi Hines – Blogging and social media enthusiast who loves photography, tennis, and salsa
- Hesham Zebida – Blogging was only the start!
- DiTesco (FP) – Business Consultant & Entrepreneur
- Aaron Lee – Average joe with a huge addiction to socializing
- Ileane Smith – I spend most of my day online – WordPress blogging and tech tips!
- Karen Woodham – I love writing music and blogging – Blazing Minds.
- Larry Brauner – Search and Social Strategist
- Tia Peterson – Bizchickblogs
- Kathleen S – AreyouHungry
- Justin Germino – IT Manager by day and Technology Blogger by night.
- Gail Gardner – GrowMap: MAP Your Path to GROW Your Business or Blog
- Ann Smarty – I am a search blogger at SEOsmarty.com and owner of MyBlogGuest.com
- Vernessa Taylor – CoachNotesBlog
- Francisco Rosales – I help people be successful online
- John Paul Aguiar – Blogger – Social Media Pusher – Helping You Build A Better Blog and Drive
- Michele Welch – The Online Business Trainer helping entrepreneurs create an online business
- Chris Brogan – Helping people own their future. ChrisBrogan.com
- Tamar Weinberg – I like the internets.
- Danny Brown – every giant was born small – DannyBrown.me
- Marko Saric – I help bloggers succeed.
- Louis Gray – Silicon Valley Early Adopter and Technology Geek Blogger.
- Tadeusz Szewczyk – #1 SEO 2.0 – I’m known as Tad Chef & onReact, a business blogger, SEO consultant
- Brian Belfitt – SEO and Marketing Guy!
- Mari Smith – Passionate Social Media Leader, Facebook Marketing & Relationship Marketing Speaker and Author
- Fran Aslam – Words are my business and I trade my words for dollars, as an expert online writer
- Ana Hoffman – YourNetBiz
- Tristan Higbee – I run BloggingBookshelf.com and InfographicAcademy.com.
- Andy Bailey– The geek behind the CommentLuv plugin
- Peter Pelliccia – Blogger extraordinaire
- Chris Garrett – Internet and Content Marketing Coach and General Web Geek
- Claudia Lamascolo – Store manager by day blogger by night
- Rebecca Subbiah – A Mum, Food Blogger, Dietitian, recipe App developer and World traveler.
- Dennis Littley – Food Blogger at More Than A Mount Full – A Culinary Journey
- Jason Manheim – WordPress theme developer, health and fitness enthusiast. Geek.
- Jeff Bullas – Blogger, writer and speaker on social media and digital marketing
- Dino Dogan – Founder of Triberr.com Lousy Martial Artist & recovering Engineer.
- David Risley – Entrepreneur, Blogger, Author, Husband, Daddy.
- Darren Rowse – ProBlogger
- Brian Solis – En.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Solis | briansolis.com | @briansolis
- Pat Flynn – I’m a professional blogger and podcast host for The Smart Passive Income Blog
- Pam Moore – @PamMktgNut CEO / Founder FruitZoom, Inc.
- Tuan Do – CEO & Founder of Tek3D Blog
- Brian Clark – Cheating on Twitter with Google to spite Facebook
- Derek Halpern – I’m 99% useless, but that 1% when I’m not, I’m dangerous. Learn how at my marketing blog SocialTriggers.
- Michael Stelzner – CEO and Founder of SocialMediaExaminer.com
- Harsh Agrawal – I’m a professional blogger. Social media lover and SEO adviser
- Christian Hollingsworth – I’m a writer at heart who happens to blog + opera singer.
- Kiesha Easley – Blogger, writer: WeBlogBetter.com
- Extreme John – Business Founder and Social Media ADDICT
- Jane Sheeba – A passionate blogger and a freelance writer
- Lye Kuek Hin – Findmyblogway
- Mitch Mitchell – Professional business consultant in many areas; ask me how I can help you.
How are your feelings about Google+?
Would you abandon other platforms like Twitter or Facebook for the brand new G+?
Suggest in comments other bloggers to be featured in future editions, directly on my Google+.